Saturday 29 November 2008

The Well-travelled Wonderful O


As a youngster I enjoyed reading James Thurber. One book I don’t recall reading is “The Wonderful O” and when I saw someone’s comments on it the other day I thought I’d buy it. I went on line here in the UK and I chose the cheapest copy I could find from a British second-hand bookseller. £ 0.99p plus £2.75 in postage - a grand total of £3.74.


So imagine my surprise when the book arrived from Frankfurt in Germany.


I was even more astonished when I opened it and discovered it had at one time been in the stock of San Bernardino County Library in California. It had been on the shelves of Big Bear Lake Branch Library in California and then at Adelanto Branch Library. What a well travelled little volume I have acquired.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello folks - your comments are always welcome.