Thursday 31 July 2008

M.C.Beaton – “Death of a Gentle Lady”

Publ: 2008 ISBN 978-1-84529-648-3
Rating - ****



A Hamish Macbeth murder mystery. Inspired by all the Agatha Raisin books I’ve read recently I tried a Hamish Macbeth one. Very similar style of happy murder mystery. In this case the setting is Hamish’s little Highland village. Most enjoyable and probably the first of many – assuming I can get hold of them.
I haven’t previously mentioned the art on the covers of the books I read but in some cases it is excellent. I like the style of the M C Beaton ones. In this case the jacket design is by joeroberts.co.uk and the painting by francisfarmar.com. Fascinating that we are no longer known by our names but by our website names!!!
M C BEATON see Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello folks - your comments are always welcome.