Friday 17 July 2009

Review:- Roderick GORDON & Brian WILLIAMS - “Freefall”

Publ: 2009
My own copy
ISBN: 978-1-906427-05-4
Genre: Children’s Adventure
Pages: 575p
Continuing the series
Rating: *****


Continuing the Tunnels series. Will and Chester go deeper still and meet new hazards on the way. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first two.

There is a credibility threshold which authors should not cross. I think the authors did in this third volume. I was also dissatisfied that the end is far too open and is obviously designed to herald further volumes. It would have been far better to lead to a conclusion - of sorts - in this volume. The way could still have been left open for more books but as it is the overall feeling one is left with is dissatisfaction.

Would I recommend it?
I’ve enjoyed the books as a whole but given the choice I would go back and NOT start again! I feel I’ve been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello folks - your comments are always welcome.