Sunday 16 October 2011

BOOKS PUBLISHED IN THE FIRST YEARS OF MY LIFE CHALLENGE – 2011


Sadly I missed this challenge set by Words and Peace when it came out last December and have only just come across it. It has various levels:-
- 3 years = Toddler
- 5 years = Kid
- 10 years = Pre-Teen
- 15 years or more = YA

You have to choose one book per year and read it between 1st January and 31st December 2011.


(To find books published in a specific year, google: ‘Books published in… ‘, and you’ll find several links. The one Words and Peace and I prefer is the Goodreads’ ones: ‘Most popular books published in…’ The list displays 200 books, including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, for each year. But be careful some are re-prints or new editions of older books.)
Since I’ve only got a couple of months in which to do it I shall merely go for ‘Kid’ level – to the age of five.



My five chosen books are:-

1949 – The Story of Language by Mario Andrew Pei
1950 – Fifth Chinese Daughter by Jade Snow Wong
1951 – An English Murder by Cyril Hare
1952 – Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
1953 – Ring for Jeeves by P G Wodehouse

(I read the last one in my teens and fancy having a bit of light reading to finish off the challenge – probably over Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello folks - your comments are always welcome.